[REDWatch Heritage] ATP Loco DA Submissions due by 15 Dec

Geoff Turnbull geoff at turnbulls-au.com
Thu Dec 14 09:05:29 AEDT 2017

Dear REDWatch Members and Supporters

REDWatch has been fighting for many years for good heritage and community
outcomes at the Australian Technology Park. We are writing to encourage you
to put in a quick submission on this redevelopment. You can make a
submission on line at the bottom of the exhibition page in this case - Bays
1-5, Locomotive Workshop
<http://www.majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/index.pl?action=view_job&job_i
d=8517> .

Currently Mirvac have on exhibition two DAs to redevelop the Heritage
Locomotive Workshop at ATP Eveleigh. REDWatch is very concerned about the
impact of these proposals on heritage and have been in discussions with
heritage professionals, ex-workers and people concerned in the community
generally. From material put together from these concerned people a Proforma
Submission for Locomotive Workshop DA Objection
<http://www.redwatch.org.au/RWA/statesignificant/atp/loco/DAProf>  has been
produced that covers many of the issues of concern.

With a lot of documents to read from two DAs this proposed submission has
been put together so people can easily pull the information of concern to
them and put in their own submission. It is far better, if possible, to put
your concerns in your own words but it is also important to get people's
concerns registered with the Department of Planning. We have been told that
if you email Annie.Leung at planning.nsw.gov.au
<mailto:Annie.Leung at planning.nsw.gov.au>  you can get an extension if you
need extra time to prepare your submission

On the REDWatch website we have also put up a page Locomotive Workshop
redevelopment SSDAs - Exhibition until 15 Dec 2017
<http://www.redwatch.org.au/RWA/statesignificant/atp/loco/dainfo>  which has
links to the exhibition site and other important information about the
issues. We encourage you to share this on social media to get word out to
people about this DA and people's concerns. Please also pass this email on
to others that might have an interest.

Finally the exhibition has just started for the Alexandria Park Community
School Redevelopment
<http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/index.pl?action=view_job&job_id=83
73> . Two information sessions have already happened with two more planned
in January:

.                     Saturday 20 January 2018 at Carriageworks Farmers
Markets - 245 Wilson Street, Eveleigh, 11:00am-1:00pm

.                     Saturday 27 January 2018 at Woolworths Supermarket -
10 Fountain Street, Alexandria, 2:00pm - 4:00pm

Wishing you all the best for the Christmas and Holiday period.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoffrey Turnbull

REDWatch Co-Spokesperson

Ph Wk: (02) 8004 1490  Mob: 0418 457 392

email:  <mailto:mail at redwatch.org.au> mail at redwatch.org.au

web:  <http://www.redwatch.org.au/> www.redwatch.org.au