[Lift Redfern] Lift Redfern Campaign - petition lodged - congratulations

Lift Redfern liftredfern at gmail.com
Fri May 4 10:27:48 EST 2012

Dear all,

As you are aware we proudly handed over our 11,000 signatures to the Hon
Kristina Keneally MP on Wednesday morning outside Parliament House.  Ms
Keneally tabled the petition later that morning and we have been advised
that a debate will be raised on 23rd August regarding the lack of access at
Redfern station.

I have attached a copy of the media release that came from Ms Keneally's
office on the 2nd May.

I would like to congratulate and thank everyone involved for the success of
the petition, to gather 11,000 signatures in 5 weeks is an incredible
achievement and we have proved that there is a real community need to have
Redfern station put back on the political agenda.

However, the campaign does not end there.  We will continue to have our
voice heard in the months leading up to the debate in August by lobbying of
local MP's, NSW Cabinet, and the NSW Transport Minister.

Watch this space and find out how you can keep supporting the Lift Redfern
campaign.

Kind Regards,

Laura