[Lift Redfern] FW: Land and Housing Corporation, Redfern and Waterloo and other info

Geoff Turnbull geoff at turnbulls.au.com
Fri May 4 20:02:39 EST 2012

Dear REDWatch Members & Supporters

We have received today the email below from Nigel Sharpe in response to
REDWatch's attempt to clarify questions related to HNSW's intentions
regarding the Preliminary Masterplan. I have appended details of the earlier
correspondence, we have earlier circulated, so the reply can be viewed in
context and you can see what we asked and what has not been answered.

The REDWatch Co-ord Group will discuss this along with the SMDA Affordable
Housing Strategy and the SMDA's affordable housing at North Eveleigh on
Tuesday 8th  at the Tutor Inn, Redfern Street at 5.30pm (Note not Roylal as
advised in the last email in error).

Yesterday the ATP also placed on exhibition the ATP Draft Conservation
Management Plan which is proposed to replace the 1995 CMP. All those with an
interest in heritage issues at Eveleigh are asked to read and comment on the
report. Please also advise REDWatch of you comments so we can prepare our
response in June. The documents can be downloaded from:
www.atp.com.au/News---Resources/Latest-news/AUSTRALIAN-TECHNOLOGY-PARK-DRAFT
-CONSERVATION-MANAGEMENT-PLAN

The Lift Redfern handover over of our 11,000 signatures to the Hon Kristina
Keneally MP went off well on Wednesday morning outside Parliament House. You
can see the media releases here - . Kristina Kemeally accepts 10,000
petitions
<http://www.redwatch.org.au/RWA/statesignificant/station/lift_redfern/120502
kk>  and  11 000 demand immediate action to make Redfern Station accessible
<http://www.redwatch.org.au/RWA/statesignificant/station/lift_redfern/120430
lr> . Ms Keneally tabled the petition later that morning and we have been
advised that a debate will be raised on 23rd August regarding the lack of
access at Redfern station.

Finally in the last couple of days the old RWA website has been shut down. I
have been in contact with the SMDA about archiving the old site. One of the
consequents will be that many links from the REDWatch site which went to the
old RWA sites will no longer work. REDWatch has a mirror copy of the RWA
website so if you cannot find something that was previously on the RWA
website we may be able to help. We will look into the feasibility of making
a copy of the site available if SMDA cannot provide a publicly accessible
archive.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoffrey Turnbull

Spokesperson

REDWatch

Ph Wk: (02) 8004 1490  Mob: 0418 457 392

email: mail at redwatch.org.au