[Lift Redfern] (no subject)

Lift Redfern liftredfern at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:50:14 EST 2012

Dear Lift Redfern Supporters

We are sorry we have not been in touch earlier. The Lift Redfern Organisers
thought that it would be too difficult to get a new phase of the Lift
Redfern Campaign going in the lead up to Christmas. So instead it has been
decided to get together in the new year. So mark in your diary *6pm
Wednesday 30th January 2013 at the Factory Community Centre* , as the date
we will get together and discuss the next phase of the Lift Redfern
Campaign.

Attached you will find a brief paper put together by REDWatch to encourage
people to start thinking about where we might go next.

In the last few days the NSW Government has released their NSW Long Term
Transport Master Plan. I have gone through the document and again extracted
the material that directly relates to Redfern and immediate surrounds – you
can see this summary on the REDWatch website under Redfern & NSW Long Term
Transport Master Plan
<http://www.redwatch.org.au/RWA/statesignificant/station/121213tnswr>.

For those familiar with the Draft Report there has been almost no change in
the material that relates to Redfern Station. In short Redfern Station is
recognised as needing an upgrade along with other City Circle stations but
these upgrades are only ranked as a medium priority.

What is interesting in the final report is an updated map showing the
Growth Precincts in Inner Sydney. This has changed from the draft report
and now includes Ashmore Estate as well as Redfern and Waterloo public
housing including the Waterloo conservation area (similar to the BEP2
maps). While there have been some small changes the map still shows the
Darlington Conservation Area and the Eastern side of Chippendale as Growth
Precincts. You can see this map on the REDWatch website at TNSW MP Inner
Sydney Growth Precincts between 2011 and
2031<http://www.redwatch.org.au/RWA/maps/121213tnsw/view>
.

The NSW Government has gazetted UrbanGrowth NSW to replace the SMDA on 1
January 2013, so there will be a new body with a new CEO taking over
planning for Development including around the station in 2013. A recent
upper house parliamentary committee recommended that one of UrbanGrowth
NSW’s focuses should be on building above Railway lines.

We have been advised by our pro-bono solicitors that they expect
information soon from Transport for NSW on our information request (GIPA)
for details on the rail accessibility programme and the criteria used to
select stations for upgrade.

So please put your thinking caps on for what you think we should do in the
next phase of the Lift Redfern Campaign and come along on 30 January with
lots of ideas.

On behalf of the Lift Redfern Co-ord group, Thank you for your support in
2012 and best wishes for you all 2013

Regards,

Geoff

Geoffrey Turnbull

Spokesperson

REDWatch

Ph Wk: (02) 8004 1490  Mob: 0418 457 392

email: mail at redwatch.org.au

web: www.redwatch.org.au